1. The shooters were not part of the "Trench Coat Mafia". The TCM was a different group of kids.
2. They did not target jocks or African Americans.
3. Cassie Bernall was not the one who avowed her faith in God before she was killed--it was actually Valeen Schnurr, who survived the shooting.
4. One of them actually took a date to prom the week before in a limo with a bunch of friends.
5. Their motivation was to become more infamous than Tim McVeigh.
---It's interesting stuff, I think. Goes to show how our collective consciousness is affected by primacy effects, huh?